About Me

>> Friday, January 24, 1997

When I was a young girl I used to watch in amazement as my great grandmother cooked on her wood burning stove. Everything that went in that oven or on the stove, came out a culinary masterpiece that simply blew me away. She knew exactly the right amount of wood and what size the pieces needed to be for the correct temperature (and she even chopped the wood herself). I wanted to be just like her, She even let me help sometimes and that was awesome. I was hooked.


As I got older I started cooking every chance I got, I even started making up my own recipes ( which didn't always turn out so well) Cooking just became a part of my life. I cooked for friends and their dates on special occasions like birthdays and proms. I even taught some of my friends to cook.

When I got older, guess where I started working? Yep, in a restaurant. I even went to culinary school.

I love food and everything about it: cooking, experimenting and teaching others about it. let's face it, we have to have food to fuel our body's so why not enjoy it? So have fun with it the sky's the limit, even if it doesn't always turn out at least you tried and it's not about the destination, it's about the journey!

I was a chef for many years and I love to cook, talk about cooking and sharing recipes. I love to try new things.  Take on life challenges and just find ways to enjoy life, like I said the sky is the limit!  Remember the blog is called this and that with jax, so don't be surprised to see more than stuff about food.   I will take questions, comments and requests for reviews.
 
Contact me at: jaxallen11@gmail.com


Enjoy,
Jacqui Allen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP